If you’ve noticed an increase in acne or breakouts on your skin, you may be wondering what’s causing it. Breakouts can be frustrating and can affect your self-esteem, but there are many different factors that can contribute to acne. At LifeFusion Med Spa we have a staff of skin care experts that will help you determine the cause. Here are some of the most common reasons why your skin may be breaking out:
- Hormones: Fluctuations in hormones, such as during puberty, menstrual cycles, or pregnancy, can cause an increase in sebum production, leading to clogged pores and breakouts.
- Stress: Stress can cause an increase in cortisol, which can lead to increased sebum production and inflammation, both of which can contribute to breakouts.
- Diet: A diet high in processed foods, sugar, and dairy products can cause inflammation in the body, which can lead to breakouts.
- Skincare products: Using products that are too harsh for your skin type or contain comedogenic ingredients can clog pores and cause breakouts.
- Genetics: Unfortunately, some people are just more prone to acne due to their genetics.
- Environmental factors: Pollution, humidity, and other environmental factors can contribute to clogged pores and breakouts.
- Medications: Some medications, such as corticosteroids, lithium, and anticonvulsants, can cause acne as a side effect.
If you’re experiencing breakouts, it’s important to identify the cause so you can take steps to prevent future breakouts. This may include adopting a healthier diet, managing stress levels, using gentle skincare products, and consulting with a LifeFusion Med Spa aesthetician for personalized treatment options. Remember, everyone’s skin is different, so what works for one person may not work for another. Patience and persistence are key in finding the right skincare routine for you.